Your Reviewer

Your Reviewer
Lori Lavender Luz

& guest reviewers

Stuff We've Reviewed

Previously on All Thumbs

Looking for something?

Monday, July 14, 2008

Blogger's Block (Un-Blocked)

In blogging, there's GOOD days, and there's BAD days. And while all the days you might WANT to post, sometimes it's TOUGH to post.

Sometimes, you want to post about the things that mean the MOST to you, but you're just not sure how to put it out there in a way that makes it REALLY make sense, you know, in the way it does in your HEAD.

And then other times, you want to post just cuz you haven't in SOOOO long, but usually you haven't in SOOOO long cuz you're either too busy to put something together you'd actually want floating around out there on the internet, or your brain's just FRIED and you're having one of those "dumber than a rock" moments.

Well, for ANY of those times, whether it be the stuff you can't make sense of, or the stuff you just can't seem to pull out of your head, there's a blogging book that's both inspiring AND useful. I know, I know, a blogging book that's USEFUL? Could that REALLY be? Yes folks, it could be, and it does be.. or, well, it does exist.

Written by the ever-charming Maggie Mason, No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog is the first blogging book out there I've found I could ACTUALLY steal ideas out of. And by steal, I mean I BOUGHT the book, so I can steal whatever I want, cuz it's not REALLY stealing - I just like to THINK of it as stealing, cuz it sounds more fun.

And while I know blogging's about stuff coming from your HEART and your HEAD, we all know we've had those days where it just ain't working, where it just ain't coming, where it just ain't anything you'd really wanna put out there. And for THOSE days, Maggie will point you to writing things in ways you probably wouldn't have on your own. Maggie will give you that kickstart you very much needed, that you'll very much appreciate.

Two whole-hearted thumbs up.

***

Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, and thumbs up ratings.

3 chiming in:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

But what if I DO care what you had for lunch?

Seriously, this sounds like a Gotta Have book. Thanks for turning me on to it!

excavator said...

Hi, Chicklet.

You described very well the blogger's block I'm feeling in my fog of summer ennui. I hope you don't mind that I quoted you over on my blog.

I would have been exhibiting better form had I checked it out with you first BEFORE publishing, but I got ahead of myself and took a chance.

I do hope it's ok, and I'm also going to check out this blogging book.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This blog was very helpful to me

Related Posts with Thumbnails