Your Reviewer

Your Reviewer
Lori Lavender Luz

& guest reviewers

Stuff We've Reviewed

Previously on All Thumbs

Looking for something?

Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm into He's Just Not That Into You UPDATED WITH WINNER

Winner announced at bottom.

I usually see the movie first and if I notice and like the music, I buy the soundtrack.

But this time, the soundtrack arrived in the mail for He's Just Not That Into You, a complimentary CD for me to review. Before the movie comes out.

So this is what happens when I have no images from a movie to play in my head:

The classic songs (such as Human League's Don't You Want Me Baby and Talking Heads Naive Melody) take me back to my own he's-just-not-that-into-you moments. Like the time I squatted for 45 minutes below John's dorm window to hear if he talked to his roommate about me, apparently oblivious to the fact that stalking is a sign of mental derangement.

The newer songs -- and there are some terrific ones (Smile by Lily Allen and, surprisingly, Last Goodbye by star Scarlett Johansson), make me try to figure out how women like Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connelly and Scarlett Johansson could possibly experience men just not into them. Did any of THEM ever squat under a dorm window hoping to hear a morsel of insider information that would make the guy say, "yes, YOU are the one!"?

There are other tracks I really like: Keane's Somewhere Only We Know, The Ting Ting's Fruit Machine and The Cure's Friday I'm in Love. If you like Corinne Bailey Rae, R.E.M. or Wilco, you'll find even more reasons to be pleased with this CD.

My thumbs are up, and every song made it on to my iPod.

I'm posting this for the audio (which I love). The video of Lily Allen's Smile, however, is a bit too revenge-ful and schadenfreude for my tastes (though I admit that spiking John's coffee with Ex-Lax might have been fun).


I have a copy of He's Just Not That Into You to give away. Comment to enter, and say something to make me know you're kinda into me.

(I'll use random.org to draw a winner February 16. Please make sure your email address is easily accessible.)

Random.org chose #6. Kaci, come on down! I'll be trying to reach you to get your mailing address.

Thanks everyone for supporting All Thumbs Reviews.

***

Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.

8 chiming in:

Anonymous said...

I already have the CD (that I got in my schwag packet for the movie prescreening), and I have to agree! I love it. Claire and I have listened to it on repeat, and we both love dancing to it!

So, because I already have it, and if my number is randomly chosen, please choose again. :)

Unknown said...

I am so into you that I read your blog weekly.

Jingle said...

I'm totally into you! LOL! Okay...so that actually sounds a little creepy, but I do read every post you put up! Thanks for the review! I've been curious!

Frenchie said...

I am like, so totally IN TO YOU! (Stalker alert! Stalker aler!) But no, seriously, I love every artist (minus Scarlett Johanssen, who I just haven't listened to yet) that you mentioned. Sounds like a great soundtrack. Gimme. ;0)

Carolyn G said...

Your review was wonderful, I am really into it and you. ;)

Kaci said...

I'm so into you that I'll confess that wasn't a squirrel under your window yesterday...it was me, trying to figure out if you were into me.

Of course I'm kidding. I'm really NOT a creepy stalker, but I do enjoy your posts! Besides, I don't know where you live.

Kristin said...

I'm so into you that I read Lori's and Chicklet's blogs and I just added All Thumbs to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

I just met you, but I'm totally into you. To prove it, I'm adding you to my reader.
And, I'll tell you that those jeans make you look super skinny. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails