Your Reviewer

Your Reviewer
Lori Lavender Luz

& guest reviewers

Stuff We've Reviewed

Previously on All Thumbs

Looking for something?

Monday, September 1, 2008

Long Weekend Hit n Miss

So, for the long weekend, we did us some shopping, some hiking, and some driving. And with THOSE things, came THESE two things for the list. The review list.

First, I'm not really a fan of WATER. It's boring, and it's boring, and OH... it's BORING. So more often than not, I end up with bottled water, cuz there's something about the BOTTLE, that makes it more appealing, and if there's something that makes it more appealing, at least it gets me DRINKING the damn stuff.

The problem is, once in awhile, I like to throw me in some ENERGY water or FLAVOURED water - you know, to mix it UP! So this weekend, for the hike, we tried us some Propel Fitness Water. And while the berry flavour's *okay*, the lemon, I would NOT recommend in any way, shape, or form. It's just way too TART and overdone. While I wouldn't RECOMMEND the berry flavour either - not in comparison to OTHER flavoured waters out there - it's not bad and it DID seem to give me a little kick. Whether that was just the fact that I was drinking WATER and getting refreshed, or it was this SPECIFIC water that gave the kick, I dunno, but I can't say I DIDN'T have energy after drinking it. So a mixed review - one thumb up, one thumb down.

What I DID love this weekend however, was our latest CD purchase - Duffy. If you HAVEN'T heard her, you MUST hear her. She has a CRAZY wicked voice that's all raspy without being BAR HAG raspy, and the tunes, well they mix from a little bit soul to a little bit pop to a little bit... I don't know. And the "I don't know" part, is what's so GOOD about this CD. It's not common AT ALL, and even the touch of pop I mention? Well, it's probably more SPUNK than pop. She's just got something that makes you wanna listen. Two BIG thumbs up for Duffy.

--------------------------------

And if you're keeping track, the winner of Fully Fertile is Rebecca! I'll be emailing for a mailing address, congrats!

***


Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.

3 chiming in:

MrsSpock said...

Truthfully I prefer a bottle of water from our reverse osmosis filter, with just a touch of real lemon juice. Beats the artificial stuff any day.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I love the bar hag sound.

Thanks for the tips!

Meghan said...

Big Duffy fan here...and yuck on all those flavored sports waters. I chop up some limes, lemons, and oranges, freeze em, and throw them in my water bottle as ice cubes. Adds just a little bit of flavor ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails