Your Reviewer

Your Reviewer
Lori Lavender Luz

& guest reviewers

Stuff We've Reviewed

Previously on All Thumbs

Looking for something?

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dress up your gadgets

Here's a gift idea for you or from you, for anyone with a gadget. So that excludes basically centenarians, pets that lack opposable thumbs, and certain unspoiled peoples living deep in the Amazon (the rain forest, not the dot-com).

@HPHolidayCheer gave away free skins a few weeks ago on Twitter (go ahead and follow, Twitterers. There seem to be giveaways every week). I got lucky and was one of the first 100 respondents, so I got the secret code.

At the time, I didn't even know what I was signing up for. I just wanted to WIN. So what are skins? Think of them as clothes for your electronica.

You can dress a gazillion gadgets: cell phones, laptops, desktops, gamestations, iPods, keyboards, workstations, camera, printers -- dozens of gizmos by dozens of manufacturers (but I'm partial to HP).

You can choose a stock design -- sports team logos, flags, fur, Disney, causes, military, company logos, et cetera. Or you can make your own design from your favorite photo, your personal logo, your own work of art.

I went the custom route. I chose a purple background, added in the logo from my main blog, and finished with its URL.

And I did it again with for a laptop. (There is a reason the skin is not actually ON the laptop, but I'm not telling why).

The process was fairly easy, meaning even I could figure out how to work the design features. I am planning some fabulous Christmas presents for my loved ones. The only hangup is how to surreptitiously find out their make and model numbers for various cell phones and gizmos.

Regular price for the Treo skin was $20. For the laptop skin, $35.

Thumbs up for a fun gift.

Visit HP.SkinIt.com for special deals on HP products and free shipping for orders over $35 (limited time).

Visit Skinit.com for a wider selection of electronics manufacturers.

***

Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.

1 chiming in:

chicklet said...

You have fabulous ideas beotch. Just fabulous.

I like the word beotch today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails